Sunday, January 6, 2013

Shining Moon Nails

 Hi Loves

I have recently become obsessed with the 1930's style manicure of doing a half moon on the inside of your nails. I decided to go all glam and try it for New Years! I did a light pink "moon" with a glittery silver/gold top. So easy to do and looks fun and different!

Xoxo Vee


I filed my nails first, I always like a square shape
 You can use the french manicure guidelines or the hole reinforcements like I did (got mine at Target) to help make the moon shape.
The nail polish color I used for the "moon" part is "Ice and Desire" by Duri (not sure where they sell this brand anymore but I ordered mine on Amazon.com); after I put this nail color on I waited about an hour to make sure they were 100% dry
 I put the silver color on first then followed by the gold and waited about 20 min for them to dry. Then I started to remove the hole reinforcements (my "moon" guides). As you can see I wasn't worried about polishing my nail perfectly because I wanted to make sure I got as close to the skin as possible. Then I used a Q-Tip and nail polish remover to remove any excess nail polish.
 ..and voila- Fabulous Glittery Nails!



 Nail Polishes:  
Top Coat- Sally Hansen Speed Shine 10 Day Top Coat (I believe this was discontinued, I order mine on Amazon.com)
Moon Base: Duri "Ice and Desire" 
Glittery Top: Wet N' Wild Fergie Collection "Going Platinum" and Butter "West End Wonderland Nail Lacquer"

No comments:

Post a Comment